Today MMRDA has opened Borivali-West sky walk. There are total 67 sky walks which are being constructed @cost of 1200 Crores.
"Are people comfortable in using sky walks?". The answer is No. The first Sky walk was opened in Bandra in beginning of this year. There are hardly 10% of total commuters who are using this sky walk. There are multiple reasons for people not using Sky walks.
1. MMRDA has not yet shifted Ricksaw & Taxi stand. Hence people who travel regularly by ricksaw/taxi are not using sky walks as they do not get ricksaw or taxi at the place where sky walk ends.
2. There is no sitting place on such a long sky walk. Bandra's sky walk is 2km long.
3. There is no security gaurd hence people avoid using it in night.
4. Sky walks are very narrow.
5. More than 4-5 million people travel by train everyday. Out of these 30 to 40% of people has a habbit of buying things from shops & market near station. Hence they avoid using sky walks.
6. There is no provision for elevator for elderly or handicapped people.
7 There are no railway ticket windows.
MMRDA has to rethink their strategy of constructing so many sky walks otherwise it will be one more wastage of public money
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Is Siri future of BI? - Siri, a voice-activated "personal assistant" on the new iPhone 4S helps you send messages, set reminders, and search for information. You speak to Siri to ...
5 years ago